Card Press Operators
We are seeking positive, team-oriented applicants that are interested in becoming a part of our growing company. Drug Package Inc. is a climate-controlled facility specializing in pharmacy packaging and supplies since 1881. Positions for new team members are available on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Shift differentials of .50 for 2nd shift and $1.00 for 3rd shift.
Running the presses in this department requires you to have knowledge of each of the three positions at the press: loader, operator, and catcher. In addition to this, you will need to learn how to run the manual press. Running these presses requires you to learn how to turn on these presses, troubleshoot common errors, run the press efficiently while performing quality control checks, box the product, shut down the machines, and enter your work into the computer.
- Setup, run, and monitor machines to detect malfunctions; troubleshoot, and adjust as necessary to maximize run speed and minimize machine downtime.
- Run all positions at manuals and inline presses proficiently (Feeder One, Operator, and Catcher)
- Perform work safely, efficiently, and to quality standard
- Bring all issues to supervisor’s attention
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, work instructions, and safety guidelines.
- Perform other job duties as assigned, including helping in other departments as needed
- Data entry into SAGE and other programs as necessary
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Active Learning and active listening skills.
- Able to lift 30-40lbs boxes repeatedly.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptability to change.
- Conflict management.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Standing, climbing two steps, moving boxes up and down those steps, and lifting items into hoppers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the printing industry is helpful; but not required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift + overtime
- 1st Shift - Mon-Fri | 6:00 am - 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift -Mon-Fri | 2:00 - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift - Sun-Thur | 10:00pm - 6:30am
- High School diploma or GED with the ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Some computer literacy for data entry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Drug Package, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drug Package, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.