Press Operator Assistants - 2nd & 3rd Shifts
We are seeking positive, team-oriented applicants that are interested in becoming a part of our growing company. Drug Package Inc. is a climate-controlled facility specializing in pharmacy packaging and supplies since 1881. Positions for new team members are available for 2nd and 3rd shifts. Shift differentials of $0.50 for 2nd shift and $1.00 for 3rd shift.
Running the presses in this department requires you to have knowledge of each of the three positions at the press: loader, operator, and catcher. In addition to this, you will need to learn how to run the manual press. Running these presses requires you to learn how to turn on these presses, troubleshoot common errors, run the press efficiently while performing quality control checks, box the product, shut down the machines, and enter your work into the computer.
- 8-hour shift + overtime
- 1st Shift - Mon-Fri | 6:00 am - 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift -Mon-Fri | 2:00 - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift - Sun-Thur | 10:00pm - 6:00am
- Packing bags into boxes while they are being run on the press
- Quality inspections of print, and glue while packing
- Daily preparation of boxes
- Helping the press operator with color washups, order preparation, and if needed plate mounting
- Will be expected to work in other departments when necessary
Work in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing and or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting.
- Able to lift 40-50 LB
- May on a continuous basis stand for long periods of time and stoop, bend, and kneel frequently
- May handle, feel, and reach for items in and around the press area and continuously grasp products from a conveyor for up to 8 hours. Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and or moving 50 lbs (20 lbs repetitively) is required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception
- The physical demands described above are representative of this that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with good time management
- Must be able to multitask
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Drug Package, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drug Package, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.