Production Finishing - 1st & 2nd Shift
We are seeking positive, team-oriented applicants that are interested in becoming a part of our growing company. Drug Package Inc. is a climate-controlled facility specializing in pharmacy packaging and supplies since 1881. Positions for new team members are available on 1st and 2nd shifts. Shift differentials of .50 for 2nd shift .
The Rewinder is responsible for rewinding labels to specific customer instructions on a roll ready for shipping. The Catcher is responsible to gather printed sheets, add chipboard and stack on cart to specific customer instructions ready for shrink-wrap. The Shrink wrapper is responsible to double check customer instructions, shrink wrap material and box per specific customer instructions.
- Responsible for reading and understanding job jacket and work instruction information pertaining to a production order before running.
- Sets up rewind table/slitter machine to rewind/cut specific counts per customer order. Runs orders, fills out back of job jacket and boxes order, stacks on cart.
- Checks rolls while running for misprinting Cuts out “bad” labels and splices rolls.
- Clean the rewind table or slitter machine as needed. Operate slitter machine, rewind table, catch, or shrink-wrap Must be able to accurately operate a high-speed machine to cut, count and wind rolls to customer specifications.
- Ability to use work instructions and job jacket information to determine quantity of chipboard, cores, and sizes required for production job. Assist on shrink wrap, making boxes or assigned duties when needed.
- Responsible for removing labels that are wrinkled, out of register, or have other defects prior to labels being boxed. Responsible for inspecting all finished rolls.
- Ability to ensure the correct labels are placed in the correct box without mixing up labels in box. Ability to understand and follow all customer specifications and SOP’s for production jobs. Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
- Must possess mathematical, measurement calculations and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
Work in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing and or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to accurately operate a machine to cut, count, wind rolls, and shrink wrap.
- May on a continuous basis stand for long periods of time and stoop, bend, and kneel frequently.
- May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area and continuously grasp products from a conveyor for up to 8 hours. Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and or move 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively) is required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception.
- The physical demands described above are representative of this that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the printing industry is helpful; but not required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift + overtime
- 1st Shift - Mon-Fri | 6:00 am - 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift -Mon-Fri | 2:00 - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift - Sun-Thur | 10:00pm - 6:30am
- High School diploma or GED with the ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Some computer literacy for data entry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Drug Package, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Drug Package, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.