The unfortunate fact of being elderly, or becoming ill is that you may spend a long period taking medication. If you have to take several different types of pills each day, at specific times during the day, it is always difficult remembering what pills you have or have not taken. As much as we all like to think we have a great memory for things like this, we tend to forget simple, everyday actions we perform on a daily basis. For those who take a multivitamin in the mornings, how many times have you wondered later in the day if you remembered to take it? It is easier than you think to forget something as habitual as taking a vitamin and because you take it daily. For the elderly and unwell individuals, the problem can be compounded when several different types of pills are prescribed. Here’s where multi-dose medication packaging can be a huge benefit.
Features of Multi-Dose Medication Packaging
Multi-dose medication packaging can simplify daily medication needs and help ensure a dose isn’t missed. It is especially effective for those patients who take several pills a day, at certain times during the day. Multi-dose medication packaging can be used to hold almost every pill you have to take each day. Below are a few more features:
- EASY TO UNDERSTAND – Each horizontal row holds pills for one day in individual blisters, color-coded to the time of the day.
- EASY TO USE – No screw caps or snap-ons to open, simply push the pill through its foilbacking paper.
- EASY TO TRACK – At-a-glance assurance that pills are being properly dispensed
- TAMPER EVIDENT – Easy to see if package has been tampered with.
- ELIMINATES MEDICATION SPILLS – The cards construction allows medications to be sealed in individual blisters. No plastic lids to pop open.
- AMPLE ROOM FOR NOTES – Fold-over front flap provides ample room for medication labels or necessary notations.
Is your Pharmacy using Multi-Dose Medication Packaging?
Multi-dose medication packaging is a wonderful tool for pharmacies. A medication pill card allows pharmacies to quickly and efficiently fill a patient’s pill prescription dosage. It also offers the best guarantee that a patient is taking the correct dosage each day. Order conveniently online here, or call us today to discuss the many options we have for adding multi-dose medication packaging to your packaging options.